Après Août 3, 2021


Facebook. Try listening with Laufey's Street by Street in the BG 

It is madness...

The need to hold you close while you drive innumerable daggers through my worn-out heart

This madness, the craving of your lips against mine as I choke from the result of our first hello... a series of rather unfortunate events that have become my life

The night has lost its moon, the day its shine... the rainbow sits forlorn buried in dark clouds

The beach feels like a barren desert, water tastes like dust and the life we created in this place I now call home haunts me

Living feels like a bitter pill I swallow everyday. How can someone who knew your deepest fears, darkest secrets... the one who always held your hand, reminded your head to stand up right and encouraged your hips to sway to their own rhythm... betray you this bad?

It has to be madness, I see you everywhere... in our town, you remember our town? The one we painted in bright colours of our love, kaleidoscope of butterflies, the prettiest daisies and dancing sunflowers... now they don't remind me of a reunion, I only see the gravestone of our love... A love that perhaps wasn't meant to be. I loved you too much for my own good. Suddenly I smell you everywhere like you just stepped out for some "dokunu"

I sang with joy to the heavens, each time I thought of you, grateful that those before you lived in the past. I have lost my need for food and rest, even though I know my body unfortunately cannot do without them in these times. You have taken my laughter and replaced it with unending tears, the last time I cried this hard was when we lost her. What sort of monster does this?

You have left me in several little pieces, like a puzzle... but who can help me fix me this time? The one who's paid to fix me doesn't even understand the words I conjure between sobs... Why have you done this to me? To us? Why? Why did you make promises you had no intentions to keep? Where did I go wrong with you?


Comments

Popular Posts