Limbo

Bridget Riley 'Blaze 1' via Time Out, London on PinterestL


Stop tugging at my heart strings
If your only intent is to take a peep
Then I'm left stuck in that never ending loop
Where I'm having to rub my own back, cry on my own shoulders... all the while defending your inactivity and nuances
While you find yourself comfortably seated front row, with crossed arms and limbs
Filling a space that belongs to another

Out with the old, in with the new
A different facet and multi dimensions
I keep peeling at exteriors
The prize wrapped within seems to be non-existent
The version of you that resonates best with me, only existing in my fantasies 
but I'm constantly being drawn in

Now you've shown up again
Like a riddle wrapped up in an enigma, 
Different face
Different name
Same human
And I'm back at the starting line of this game
Unable to break free

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts