ILUNGA


You kicked me out in the cold yet again
I'm weary of reading into your actions
Your defeaning unspoken words itchingly tease my 'lobes
Frozen in time, I lay me bare...

Facred festering frailty
Fettered in futile fads


Dancing, Prancing, haphazardly gracing my flayed exterior
Tic-a-lick, tic-a-lick, I shudder
as the Cold kisses at my skin
Even your endless snoring has got "bits" in it


...Like an array of fallen stars they crown my brown in classic lurid fashion
pecking at my cold sores;
Supple proboscises repeatedly burrowing even further
Swarming my fiery warmth...




I become empathetic



Perhaps sensing me caving in,
they skip away unapologetic-ally...
not stopping in their tracks
they sway... away in tune with your snorin'

A rage awakens! Third time's "the'' charm
Third Strike bellows... Out!!!
Pick-a-nick, pick-a-nick, I start
Pound of flesh in arm

The Sun finds me waiting...




Comments

  1. This is one mysterious poem, Piriye. Like the name, like the product of a place where even darkness feels it's a shade too light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystery sure loves company. I love your illustration about darkness feeling a shade too light. Permission to use it😊 Thanks dear😘

      Delete
  2. you personalised ilunga indeed...uneasy word, uneasy words... wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uneasy word, Uneasy words... exactement! Pain demands to be felt in all its glory. Thanks b.

      Delete
  3. This is beautifully written Priye!! A wise man and one of my favourite rappers explained Ilunga in his own words

    Fool me one time, shame on you
    Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you
    Fool me three times, f*ck the peace sign
    Load the chopper, let it rain on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Didn't know you digged J.Cole... not that I listen to him much, but dude's for flows.

      I guess Ilunga indeed is a personalized experience. That's why it has no exact translation. We all have our unique interpretation of our experiences.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm...just like another sad love song...love the style and suspense... Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts