Tamunodukoye, Tomorrow...

Tomorrow, it will be the day you left without saying ‘good bye’. The day my heart broke to a thousand pieces, smashed to its very core. The sheer size of this pain left an unsoothing numbness.

Tomorrow, I'll revisit the days my eyes welled up with no tears left to cry; with an endless sorrow and with questions floating without answers.

Tomorrow, I'll still wet my pillows in a rageful wake from seeing you once again in my sleep or perhaps the "joy-pain" from knowing that's where I can ever see your face now.

Tomorrow, I'll laugh at our private jokes or ask myself how you would have reacted to something I recently did


_Tomorrow, I’ll wear my pain like a crown of diamonds holding my head up high in hopes that I watched you well enough to have mastered this art without the world seeing through my faux aplomb.

Tomorrow, I'll so badly want to let myself go and not over-analyse things like I always do and be surprised by how differently I'll act when I hear your voice in my head whispering "Piriye, Ibu se ye chin"

Tomorrow, I still won't understand why and how you lived life being a fan of Mrs Eve rather than Queen Esther. Still feels mundane.  And how I would rather be Queen Esther and you won't stop quoting that passage from Genesis.

You know Mom-me, It feels as if, you made this whole different human. You've so influenced most of my ideologies in life:
the attitude of thanksgiving,
the tenacity to serve,
the need to learn,
the will to give and
the courage to love.

Very recently, a friend told me, "Trust me, your joy and happiness shall make her proud, that's really what mothers want". And knowing you, that's the absolute truth but tomorrow…


Tomorrow, I'll raise a generation of women who would be advocates of your message not just considering the fact that you birthed me but mostly because I lived a happy life loving the God you loved, teaching them to do same and daily shaping their lives after values you never compromised.

Tomorrow, I won’t grieve like I have no hope; cos Mom, I’m still looking forward to the sweet by and by. Hoping God will grant us a mother-daughter moment
Sleep on Tamunodukoye. (30-07-1958 – 22-07-2013).



Comments

  1. Hhmm...

    ....... Tomorrow, I will strive my best to see that I stand as a faithful friend to your amazingly beautiful daughter; to see that she continues to live by those values you imbibed in her, few of which she good me about in just one first chat with her(guess that shows how much you will never cease to be an indelible part of her being).

    I may not have met you on this side of eternity but I pray I'll find that privilege to do so on the side of eternity from where you look down upon us lovingly......tomorrow.

    Sleep On Sweetly Ma Tamunodukoye



    Beautiful piece Piriye, I'm truly proud of you as I know she is up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wisdom. Thanks for commenting and Thank you so much for your resolve and kind words. God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts