Saving all my love...

    November came with a fog. Harmattan is still waiting out the rainy season, choice-less. It's 45days & a couple of hours and minutes to Christmas. For the first time in years I can't seem to stop the growing excitement in me. I'm Usually not a holiday person; mostly cos I prefer a life of solitude. Notwithstanding, I also enjoy family time so it doesn't turn out so bad every year. This year however, I'm feeling all grown up and would love to do something different(by myself). I'm not much of a traveler but I enjoy the landscapes and sceneries whenever I do. It's infectious and inspirational; almost calms my spirit. Still thinking of what to do... I do know what want for christmas this year. Call me silly or plain love struck but, Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" has found its way to my heart and I find myself smiling sheepishly whilst humming/dancing to its tune. Kai! I'm done for this time. Spent most of my spare time in the last 72 hours browsing topics like "How to get over him", "how to break up with someone you never dated", "he's not that into you", "I probably scared him off" etc the list goes on and on. Trust me, it sucks being single when you seem to have found that special someone and I feel like I've found him and I'm willing to give love another shot just so I can be with him. It's funny though, he isn't exactly my kind of guy. In fact, I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with that part of my brain which controls my emotions. Oh! I need a doctor..... HIM!
    So lost in this euphoria, I seem to have forgotten how beautiful and amazing I am and how much I put others before myself. I've even chosen to forget the "bunch of sillies" I go out with every once in awhile when I need to unwind and take a break off my boring routinized everyday life. Aaaaaarrrggghhhhh.... It's so annoying and I feel like I'm trying too hard. I normally would've gotten over him by now but I can't seem to find the source of the affection. Maybe, that's it; Maybe, that's the solution. Find the source and KILL it. Till that happens... I'll keep sharing my thoughts with my awesome niece who's ever ready to listen and you, dear reader.....

Comments

Popular Posts